Occupational Therapists perform assessments t0 determine the precise issues impacting client’s driving capabilities.
Assessments evaluate such key driving abilities as reaction-time, processing speed, decision making skills, judgment, attention, concentration and depth perception.
Driving Assessments include:
The Clinical Evaluation
Assesses the effects a medical condition may have on driving. The clinical evaluation includes cognitive, physical, visual perceptual testing, safety awareness and a vision screen.
Assesses the effects a medical condition may have on driving. The on-road evaluation is performed with a driver rehabilitation specialist and an occupational therapist in a dual-brake equipped vehicle.
The DriveAgain team’s driver rehabilitation and training programs are unparalled and include:
- Hands-On Driver Training using our fleet of vehicles proven to be highly successful in helping our clients’ return to safe driving
- Road Test Preparation training program designed to prepare clients for Ministry of Transportation driving tests
- Desensitization Programs for Driver/Passenger Anxiety and Phobia – for clients with emotional and psychological conditions related to driving with intervention from a CBT certified occupational therapist and input from treating psychologist
- Adaptive Driving Equipment and Prescriptions for Vehicle Conversions – for clients with physical limitations that need to be accommodated for independent driving or as a passenger.
- DriveAgain vehicles are equipped with a range of modification to assist drivers to determine what is best suited to their needs.
Who are we?
- Registered Occupational Therapists and Driver Rehabilitation Specialists/Certified Driver Instructors
- Members of the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario (COTO)
- Members of the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT)
- Members of the Ontario Society of Occupational Therapists (OSOT)
- Active Members of the Association of Driver Rehabilitation Specialists (ADED)
- Lectured on various topics related to driving at various conferences and shows in Canada and in the US
- Driver Rehabilitation Specialists have over 26 years of experience
Our approach is unique…
- Provide driver desensitization programs for anxiety related to driving in all vehicles including cars, vans, buses, straight trucks, tractor trailers, and motorcycles
- Service area includes all of Ontario
- Provide services to adults as drivers, passengers or pedestrians and to children as passengers and